Visiting Punta Cana
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Punta Cana, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, entertainment choices, and live music scene. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its bars.
- There are 581 hotels and other accommodations in Punta Cana
- The closest major airport is in Punta Cana (PUJ-Punta Cana Intl.), 2.6 mi (4.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in La Romana (LRM-La Romana Intl.), 36.1 mi (58.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Punta Cana
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Aromas Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Bavaro Lagoon, Dolphin Explorer, and Cabeza de Toro. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bavaro Adventure Park and Downtown Punta Cana.
In Punta Cana, you'll be able to select from 581 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Eden Roc at Cap Cana - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Tortuga Bay Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a marina, a full-service spa, and a private beach.
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro Adults Only - All inclusive - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Punta Cana
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 77°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Punta Cana gets about 1.81 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 71°F