Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Negril, and visitors give high marks for the seafood restaurants, beaches, and live music scene. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices.
- There are 187 hotels and other accommodations in Negril
- The closest major airport is in Montego Bay (MBJ-Sir Donald Sangster Intl.), 29.2 mi (47.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Negril
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Royal Palm Reserve, Seven Mile Beach, and Blue Hole Mineral Springs. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Negril Hills Golf Club and Time Square Mall.
In Negril, you'll find 187 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Cliff Hotel - This 4.5-star hotel in West End features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- The Caves - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this resort. This 4-star resort in West End features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Coral Cove Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Rocklands Bird Sanctuary, 25.5 mi/41 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Negril
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 67°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 68°F as the nighttime average
- Negril gets about 50.87 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 67°F