Venice Hotel from NT$1,695/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Venice
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,933 area reviews)
One of Venice’s most iconic sights is known all over the world for its historic square, cathedral and surrounding shops and cafés.
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,000 area reviews)
Travelers to Cannaregio praise its popular shops. If you've got some more time to explore, be sure to make a stop by Grand Canal and Venetian Ghetto.
4.5/5Wonderful!(423 area reviews)
One of six districts in Venice, this beautiful area has many sights located along the edge of Venice and on the island of Giudecca.
4.5/5Wonderful!(666 area reviews)
Castello is beloved for its popular shops. Take some time to explore sights in the area like Giardini della Biennale and Venetian Arsenal.
4.5/5Wonderful!(302 area reviews)
The smallest of Venice’s six districts, this is also one of the oldest. It offers many tourist sites in its palaces, its churches and the Rialto Bridge.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Venice, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral, fascinating museums, and renowned art. This city also attracts tourists with its monuments, architecture, and cafés. Top sights in the city include St. Mark's Basilica, Rialto Bridge, and St. Mark's Square.
- There are 2499 hotels and other accommodations in Venice
- The closest major airport is in Venice (VCE-Marco Polo), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Treviso (TSF), 16.5 mi (26.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Venice
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Peggy Guggenheim Museum, Academy Gallery, and Ca' Rezzonico. Notable for its cathedral, monuments, and historic sites, the city's landmarks include St. Mark's Basilica, Rialto Bridge, and St. Mark's Square. Boating is one of the top activities, while San Zaccaria Waterbus, Salute Waterbus, and Ca' D'Oro Waterbus are favorite sights to visit.
In Venice, there are 2499 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residenza Grandi Vedute - This residence in Venezia-Murano-Burano features free WiFi, a free area shuttle, and concierge services. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff and local sightseeing.
- Ca' del Cinema - Our customers love the quiet location and clean rooms at this B&B. This bed & breakfast in Castello features free WiFi, concierge services, and a terrace.
- Hotel Moresco - This 4-star hotel in Dorsoduro features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
Other favorite sights in Venice include St Mark's Campanile, Doge's Palace, and Bridge of Sighs. Outside the city, top places to visit include Sea Life Jesolo, located 15.2 mi (24.5 km) from the city center, and Scrovegni Chapel, which is 22.3 mi/35.9 km away.
Getting Around Venice
With so many transportation options, seeing Venice is simple. Head to Mestre Centro B1 for metro transit. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Venice Santa Lucia Station, Porto Marghera Station, or Venice-Mestre Station.
Dressing for Venice
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 32°F at night
- About 33.46 inches of rain falls on Venice each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 33°F