Istanbul Hotel from NT$979/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2020/9/22
Reviewed on 2020/9/21
Reviewed on 2020/9/4
Where to stay in Istanbul
Enjoy the popular shops in Sultanahmet. Sultanahmet Square is a worthwhile stop, and you can jump on the metro at Sultanahmet Station or Cemberlitas Station to see more of Istanbul.
4/5Very Good!(1,856 area reviews)
Taksim Square and Istiklal Avenue are top sights in Taksim, and you should be sure to explore the popular shops. Hop aboard the metro at Taksim Station or Findikli Station to see more sights in the area.
Istanbul City Center
4/5Very Good!(235 area reviews)
Known for its charming cafés and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Istanbul City Center. Check out top attractions like Spice Bazaar and Galata Bridge, and jump on the metro at Laleli-University Station or Aksaray Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(331 area reviews)
Visitors often come to Besiktas for its abundant dining options, but many stay to explore sights like Dolmabahce Palace and Ortakoy Mosque. Getting around the area on the metro is easy if you catch a ride at 4.Levent Station.
4/5Very Good!(165 area reviews)
Spend some time visiting places like Bagdat Avenue while getting to know Kadikoy, and be sure to check out the abundant dining options. You can hop aboard the metro at Bahariye Station or Kilise Station to see more of the area.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Istanbul, and visitors give high marks for the abundant cafés, shopping, and fascinating museums. This city also attracts tourists with its cathedral, restaurants, and architecture. Top sights in the city include Mall of Istanbul, Suleymaniye Mosque, and Mixer.
- There are 2524 hotels and other accommodations in Istanbul
- The closest major airport is in Istanbul (IST-Ataturk Intl.), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Istanbul (SAW-Sabiha Gokcen Intl.), 29.5 mi (47.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Istanbul
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Mixer, Hagia Sophia, and Istanbul Archaeology Museum. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Suleymaniye Mosque, Topkapi Palace, and Basilica Cistern. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Belgrad Forest, Piyer Loti, and Golden Horn Park.
In Istanbul, you'll be able to select from 2524 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lalahan - This hotel in Old City features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hammamhane - Our customers love the dining options and overall value at this aparthotel. With a stay at this aparthotel in Istanbul City Center, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Sultan Mehmed Hotel - This hotel in Old City features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a café. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Istanbul include Mall of Istanbul, Grand Bazaar, and Hippodrome.
Getting Around Istanbul
With so many transportation options, seeing Istanbul is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Mescid-i Selam Station, Cebeci Station, and Sultanciftligi Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Istanbul Halkali Station, Istanbul Kanarya Station, or Istanbul Soguksu Station.
Dressing for Istanbul
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Istanbul is 32.09 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Istanbul?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Istanbul, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Istanbul?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Istanbul?
What's the best place to stay in Taksim?
What's a favorite place to stay in Sultanahmet?
What's the best accommodation for families in Istanbul?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation in Istanbul?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Istanbul?
What's the best hotel to stay near Blue Mosque?
What about the best place to stay near Taksim Square?
Recent reviews of Istanbul hotels
More trip options
- Istanbul Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Istanbul Airports
- Hotels in Istanbul Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Istanbul Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Istanbul
- More Hotel Options in Istanbul
- Istanbul Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Turkey
- Other Hotels near Istanbul, Turkey
- Hotels in Popular Destinations