Shanghai Hotel from NT$1,284/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2020/1/19
Where to stay in Shanghai
4/5Very Good!(642 area reviews)
Shanghai Disneyland© and Shanghai Tower are top sights in Pudong, and you should be sure to explore the popular shops. Hop aboard the metro at Pudong International Airport Station or Haitiansan Road Station to see more sights in the area.
4.5/5Wonderful!(65 area reviews)
Known for its beautiful gardens and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Downtown Shanghai. Check out top attractions like Yu Garden and The Bund, and jump on the metro at East Nanjing Road Station or Yuyuan Garden Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(575 area reviews)
Known for its beautiful gardens and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Huangpu. Check out top attractions like Yu Garden and People's Square, and jump on the metro at Xiaonanmen Station or Laoximen Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(75 area reviews)
Consider exploring the abundant dining options in Xuhui. If sightseeing is on the list, Shanghai Stadium is a top attraction. Hop on the metro at Shilong Road Station or Caobao Road Station to see more of the area.
4/5Very Good!(108 area reviews)
The cafés and parks are just a few things visitors like about Changning. Zhongshan Park and Xianxia Road are worthwhile spots to check out, and you can hop on the metro at Shuicheng Road Station or Weining Road Station to get around the larger area.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Shanghai, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, shopping, and temples. This city also attracts tourists with its sightseeing tours and restaurants. Top sights in the city include The Bund, Jing'an Temple, and Shanghai Tower.
- There are 1634 hotels and other accommodations in Shanghai
- The closest major airport is in Shanghai (SHA-Hongqiao Intl.), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Shanghai (PVG-Pudong Intl.), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shanghai
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Shanghai Museum, Former Shanghai French Concession, and Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. Its temples and historic sites are notable and landmarks include The Bund, Jing'an Temple, and Shanghai Tower. The picturesque setting of Pudong Riverside Promenade and Park and Yu Garden exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Shanghai, there are 1634 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- PRIMUS Residence Shanghai Hongqiao - Guests who stay at this 4-star aparthotel in Qingpu can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its room service and first-rate property condition.
- The Puli Hotel And Spa - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and room size at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Jing'an features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- The Peninsula Shanghai - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Downtown Shanghai can enjoy access to 5 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and proximity to shopping.
Other favorite sights in Shanghai include Nanjing Road Shopping District, People's Square, and Old Chinese City.
Getting Around Shanghai
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Shanghai is a breeze. You can access metro transit at People's Square Station, Dashijie Station, and Xinzha Road Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Shanghai Railway Station, Shanghai South Railway Station, or Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station.
Dressing for Shanghai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- Shanghai gets about 45.31 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 38°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Shanghai?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Shanghai, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Shanghai?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Shanghai?
Where is the best place to stay in Pudong?
What's a favorite place to stay in Hongqiao?
What's the best accommodation for a family trip to Shanghai?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation to Shanghai?
Where is the best hotel to stay with easy access to Shanghai Disneyland©?
What about the best place to stay near The Bund?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Shanghai?
What are some accommodations with pools in Shanghai?
Recent reviews of Shanghai hotels
More trip options
- Shanghai Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Shanghai Airports
- Hotels in Shanghai Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Shanghai Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Shanghai
- More Hotel Options in Shanghai
- Shanghai Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in China
- Other Hotels near Shanghai, China
- Hotels in Popular Destinations