Kota Kinabalu Hotel from NT$442/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 2020/2/24
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 2020/9/25
Visiting Kota Kinabalu
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Kota Kinabalu, and visitors give high marks for the bustling marina and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its parks. Top sights in the city include Sabah State Mosque, Likas Stadium, and 1 Borneo Hypermall.
- There are 398 hotels and other accommodations in Kota Kinabalu
- The closest major airport is in Kota Kinabalu (BKI-Kota Kinabalu Intl.), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kota Kinabalu
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and these places to visit: KK Esplanade, Signal Hill Observatory Platform, and Kota Kinabalu Wetlands Centre. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to 1 Borneo Hypermall, Centre Point, and Local Fruits Market. Boating is one of the top activities, while Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal, Sutera Harbour, and Borneo Golf and Country Club are favorite sights to visit.
In Kota Kinabalu, there are 398 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Borneo Coastal Residence - IMAGO Mall - Guests who stay at this 3-star apartment in Downtown Kota Kinabalu can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Hilton Kota Kinabalu - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel in Downtown Kota Kinabalu features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center.
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa - This 5-star resort features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a golf course. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Kota Kinabalu include Sabah State Mosque, Likas Stadium, and Lok Kawi Wildlife Park.
Getting Around Kota Kinabalu
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Kota Kinabalu is a breeze. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Tanjung Aru Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the local marina.
Dressing for Kota Kinabalu
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 76°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 76°F as the nighttime average
- Kota Kinabalu gets about 3.66 inches of rain per year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while June and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 76°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Kota Kinabalu?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kota Kinabalu, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best place to stay in Penampang?
What's a favorite place to stay in Downtown Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Kota Kinabalu?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Desa Cattle Dairy Farm?
What about the best place to stay close to Mount Kinabalu National Park?
Recent reviews of Kota Kinabalu hotels
More trip options
- Kota Kinabalu Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kota Kinabalu Airports
- Hotels in Kota Kinabalu Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Kota Kinabalu Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Kota Kinabalu
- More Hotel Options in Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Sabah
- Other Hotels near Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- Hotels in Popular Destinations