Yokohama Hotel from NT$684/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2020/3/2
Where to stay in Yokohama
4.5/5Wonderful!(139 area reviews)
This busy urban seaside area has numerous shopping centers, an amusement park, museums and hot springs.
4.5/5Wonderful!(58 area reviews)
Shopping, restaurants, and waterfront views are just a few things travelers like about Chinatown. Sights like Yamashita Park and Yokohama Stadium are spots to explore, and you can get around the greater Yokohama area at Motomachi-Chukagai station.
4.5/5Wonderful!(60 area reviews)
Kannai is well-liked for its monuments and international district. If you're hoping to get in some sightseeing, Tokyo Bay and Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium are top spots, and you can jump on the metro at Isezaki-chojamachi Station or Nihon-odori Station to get around.
Minato Mirai 21
5/5Exceptional!(8 area reviews)
Shopping, theme parks, and museums highlight some notable features of Minato Mirai 21. Make a stop by Anpanman Museum or Tokyo Bay while you're visiting, and jump aboard the metro at Minatomirai Station or Shin-Takashima Station to get around town.
4/5Very Good!(10 area reviews)
Tsurumi is noteworthy for its restaurants, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Tokyo Bay and Sojiji Temple.
Travelers to Yokohama give high marks for the Chinatown, shopping, and bustling port. This city also attracts tourists with its theme park, museums, and sightseeing tours. Top sights in the city include Shinyokohama Raumen Museum, Yokohama Museum of Art, and Landmark Tower.
- There are 199 hotels and other accommodations in Yokohama
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 51.9 mi (83.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yokohama
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Shinyokohama Raumen Museum, Yokohama Museum of Art, and Museum of Japanese Houses. Attractions like Yokohama Cosmo World, Hakkeijima Sea Paradise, and Makigahara Children's Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its Chinatown and landmarks like Landmark Tower, Yokohama Marine Tower, and Kawasaki Daishi.
In Yokohama, you'll be able to select from 199 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Breath Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free valet parking and a snack bar/deli, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Kamakura Park Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking.
- JR-EAST HOTEL METS YOKOHAMA TSURUMI - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Tsurumi can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour business center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Other top sights in Yokohama include Yokohama Stadium and Sankei-en Park. Top places to visit outside the city include Meiji Jingu Shrine, 16.5 mi/26.6 km from the heart of the city, and Tokyo Tower, which is 17.2 mi/27.6 km away.
Getting Around Yokohama
With so many ways to get around, exploring Yokohama is a breeze. You can take advantage of metro transit at Mitsuzawakamicho Station, Kawawacho Station, and Katakuracho Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Yokohama Tsurugamine Station, Yokohama Futamatagawa Station, or Yokohama Nishiya Station. You can find out about options for water transportation at the port.
Dressing for Yokohama
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- Yokohama gets about 45.47 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Yokohama?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Yokohama, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Yokohama?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Yokohama?
Where is the best place to stay in Minatomirai?
What's a favorite place to stay in Chinatown?
What's the best hotel when traveling with kids to Yokohama?
What's the best hotel for couples in Yokohama?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Yokohama?
Where is the best place to stay close to Yokohama Arena?
What about the best place to stay close to Hakkeijima Sea Paradise?
Recent reviews of Yokohama hotels
More trip options
- Yokohama Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Yokohama Airports
- Hotels in Yokohama Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Yokohama Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Yokohama
- More Hotel Options in Yokohama
- Yokohama Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Kanagawa
- Other Hotels near Yokohama, Kanagawa
- Hotels in Popular Destinations