Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 2020/3/16
Where to stay in Saitama
Visitors can enjoy all that Saitama has to offer including the parks, museums, and temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, art, and zoo. Top sights around the area include Sensoji Temple, Tokyo Sky Tree, and Meiji Jingu Shrine.
- There are 61 hotels and other accommodations in Saitama
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 41.4 mi (66.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saitama
Cultural venues in the city include Saitama Prefectural Museum of History, Omiya Bonsai Art Museum, and Railway Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Nakao Shrine, Hikawa Shrine, and Sangakuin Temple. The city's natural beauty is on display at Omiya Park, Toda Rowing Course, and Soka Park.
In Saitama, there are 61 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- WALLABY HOUSE - This 3-star cottage features free WiFi, concierge services, and laundry facilities. Expedia travelers love its WiFi and high-quality beds.
- Hotel Brillante Musashino - This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and parking.
- Palace Hotel Omiya - This 4-star hotel features 6 restaurants, an indoor pool, and a health club.
Top places to visit around the area include Sensoji Temple, 14.3 mi/23.1 km from the heart of the city, and Tokyo Sky Tree, which is 15 mi/24.1 km away.
Getting Around Saitama
With so many ways to get around, exploring Saitama is a breeze. Metro stations nearby include Wakoshi Station and Misato-chuo Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Saitamashintoshin Station, Nakaurawa station, or Musashiurawa station.
Dressing for Saitama
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Saitama gets about 62.09 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Saitama?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Saitama, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Saitama?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Saitama?
Where is the best place to stay in Urawa Ward?
What's the best hotel when traveling with kids to Saitama?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Saitama?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Saitama?
Where is the best place to stay close to Saitama Super Arena?
What about the best place to stay close to Seibu Dome?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Saitama?
What are some accommodations with pools in Saitama?
Recent reviews of Saitama hotels
More trip options
- Saitama Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Saitama Airports
- Hotels in Saitama Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Saitama Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Saitama
- More Hotel Options in Saitama
- Saitama Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Saitama
- Other Hotels near Saitama, Saitama
- Hotels in Popular Destinations