Melbourne Hotel from NT$1,198/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2020/6/28
Reviewed on 2020/3/21
Where to stay in Melbourne
Melbourne Central Business District
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,080 area reviews)
Explore the magnificent Southbank riverfront, experience the city’s cultural charms in the arts precinct and see a glimpse of colonial history in central Melbourne.
The Yarra River’s waterfront offers a diverse range of hotels, galleries, bars and a casino complex.
Just behind Melbourne’s iconic St. Kilda Beach, this historic suburb is famous for its art scene, live music venues, mouth-watering cakes and the wild rides of Luna Park.
Some of Melbourne’s best designer shopping can be found in this historically affluent inner-city suburb bordered to the north by the winding Yarra River.
Travelers come to Docklands for its waterfront views, and you can see top attractions like Marvel Stadium and Melbourne Star Observation Wheel while you're in town.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Melbourne, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, renowned art, and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its architecture, restaurants, and theaters. Top sights in the city include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Bourke Street Mall.
- There are 1715 hotels and other accommodations in Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 7 mi (11.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 11.7 mi (18.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Melbourne
Known for its art, museums, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne Museum, and Union Lane. Families come for attractions such as SEA LIFE Melbourne, Melbourne Zoo, and Luna Park. The city's natural beauty is on display at St. Kilda Beach, Royal Botanic Gardens, and Dandenong Ranges National Park.
In Melbourne, you'll be able to select from 1715 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bungunyah Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a library, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- Eagle Hammer Cottages - Our customers like the breakfast at this cottage. This 4.5-star cottage features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Arcadia Cottages - With a stay at this 4.5-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping.
Other favorite sights in Melbourne include Melbourne Cricket Ground, Bourke Street Mall, and Melbourne Central.
Getting Around Melbourne
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Melbourne is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Flagstaff Station, Melbourne Central Station, and Parliament Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Flinders Street Station, Southern Cross Station, or Showgrounds Station.
Dressing for Melbourne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- About 0.47 inches of rain falls on Melbourne each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 41°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Melbourne?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Melbourne, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Melbourne?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Melbourne?
What's the best place to stay in Melbourne Central Business District?
What's a favorite place to stay in Chinatown?
What's the best accommodation when traveling with kids to Melbourne?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic vacation in Melbourne?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Melbourne?
What's the best hotel to stay near Melbourne Cricket Ground?
What about the best place to stay near Rod Laver Arena?
Recent reviews of Melbourne hotels
More trip options
- Melbourne Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Melbourne Airports
- Hotels in Melbourne Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Melbourne Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Melbourne
- More Hotel Options in Melbourne
- Melbourne Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Victoria
- Other Hotels near Melbourne, Victoria
- Hotels in Popular Destinations