Edinburgh Hotel from NT$1,095/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Edinburgh
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,279 area reviews)
Wander the narrow alleys of Edinburgh's historic center to discover the hidden delights of an area that also encompasses some of the city's top attractions.
4.5/5Wonderful!(898 area reviews)
Stroll around the refined Georgian quarter of Edinburgh to encounter iconic monuments, stunning art galleries and an array of stores.
3/5(1 area review)
The ample dining options and beautiful seaside views are top of the list for many visitors to Leith. A stop by Royal Yacht Britannia or Princes Street might round out your trip.
4.5/5Wonderful!(48 area reviews)
Newhaven is known for its seaside views, and you can plan a trip to Royal Yacht Britannia and Ocean Terminal Shopping Centre while you're in town.
5/5Exceptional!(20 area reviews)
Historic sites, museums, and art galleries highlight some of the notable features of Stockbridge. Make a stop by Inverleith while you're exploring.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Edinburgh, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, local tours, and festivals. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its art, shopping, and monuments. Top sights in the city include Princes Street Gardens, Edinburgh Castle, and St. Giles' Cathedral.
- There are 1488 hotels and other accommodations in Edinburgh
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 6.5 mi (10.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Dundee (DND), 35.3 mi (56.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Edinburgh
Known for its museums, festivals, and art, the city's cultural venues include Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre, and Royal Yacht Britannia. Attractions like Our Dynamic Earth, Royal Commonwealth Pool, and Edinburgh Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include St. Giles' Cathedral, Greyfriars Kirk, and Palace of Holyroodhouse.
In Edinburgh, you'll find 1488 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- North Bridge Lofts - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star apartment in Old Town can enjoy access to self-service laundry and an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and room size.
- A Room in the Country - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Winter Cherry Bed and Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its walkable location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in Edinburgh include Princes Street Gardens, Edinburgh International Conference Centre, and Arthur's Seat.
Getting Around Edinburgh
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Edinburgh Waverley Station, Edinburgh Haymarket Station, or Slateford Station. Edinburgh might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Edinburgh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 63°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 65°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 56°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Edinburgh gets about 0.94 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 63°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 34°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Edinburgh?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Edinburgh, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Edinburgh?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Edinburgh?
What's the best place to stay in Old Town?
What's a favorite place to stay in Haymarket?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation to Edinburgh?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation to Edinburgh?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Edinburgh?
What's the best place to stay close to Edinburgh Castle?
What about the best place to stay close to George Street?
Recent reviews of Edinburgh hotels
More trip options
- Edinburgh Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Edinburgh Airports
- Hotels in Edinburgh Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Edinburgh Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Edinburgh
- More Hotel Options in Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Scotland
- Other Hotels near Edinburgh, Scotland
- Hotels in Popular Destinations