Families will find kid-friendly activities in Waterloo, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful waterfalls, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting and sporting events.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodations in Waterloo
- The closest major airport is in Waterloo, IA (ALO-Waterloo Regional), 4.8 mi (7.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cedar Rapids, IA (CID-Eastern Iowa), 52.9 mi (85.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waterloo
Families come for attractions such as Phelps Youth Pavilion, Lost Island Waterpark, and Palmer's Family Fun. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and these places to visit: Big Woods Lake Recreation Area, Stolz Park, and Randall Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and College Square Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Waterloo. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Waterloo Cedar Falls - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn Waterloo - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Boulders Inn & Suites Oelwein - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Waterloo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 9°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 10°F as the nighttime average
- Waterloo gets about 34.53 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 12°F