Kyoto Hotel from NT$1,120/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2020/3/25
Reviewed on 2020/4/1
Reviewed on 2020/2/28
Reviewed on 2020/4/1
Where to stay in Kyoto
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,806 area reviews)
Central Kyoto is highly notable for its popular shops, and you might want to visit top sights like Nijō Castle and Nishiki Market. See more of Kyoto by jumping on the metro at Nijojo-mae Station or Karasuma Oike Station.
5/5Exceptional!(51 area reviews)
You might enjoy the river views while in Arashiyama. Kyoto Arashiyama Orgel Museum is a notable sight, and you can get around town at Saga-Arashiyama Station or Torokko Arashiyama Station to see more of the city.
5/5Exceptional!(208 area reviews)
Experience a traditional tea ceremony or a night of cultural entertainment within the historic wooden teahouses of this well-preserved Kyoto district.
Visitors to Karasuma love its popular shops, and you can check out Nishiki Market and Kawaramachi. If you want to see more in the area, you can get around town on the metro at Karasuma Oike Station.
4.5/5Wonderful!(29 area reviews)
Consider a visit to Kiyomizu Temple and take some time to enjoy the abundant dining options during your time in Higashiyama. If you want to see more of the city, jump on the metro at Tofukuji Station or Higashiyama Station.
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Kyoto, and visitors give high marks for the temples, beautiful gardens, and local tours. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its monuments. Top sights in the city include Kyoto Imperial Palace, Nijo Castle, and Kiyomizu Temple.
- There are 1684 hotels and other accommodations in Kyoto
- The closest major airport is in Osaka (ITM-Itami), 24 mi (38.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kobe (UKB), 40 mi (64.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kyoto
Cultural venues in the city include Gion Corner, Pontocho's Kaburenjo Theater, and Kaleidoscope Museum of Kyoto. Attractions like Shusuitei Tea House, Murin-an, and Shinsenen are fun for kids of all ages. Notable for its temples, monuments, and historic sites, the city's landmarks include Kyoto Imperial Palace, Nijo Castle, and Kiyomizu Temple.
In Kyoto, you'll be able to select from 1684 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Kamuro-an - Located in Sannenzaka Ninenzaka, this 3-star ryokan accommodation features free WiFi and an LCD TV. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and room size.
- KYOTO Guest Inn Nagaokakyo - Our customers like the clean rooms and walkable location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a café, along with free WiFi.
- Kyoto Shinmachi Rokkaku Hotel grandereverie - This 3.5-star hotel in Central Kyoto features free WiFi and concierge services. Expedia customers like its proximity to public transit and room size.
Other favorite sights in Kyoto include Heian Shrine, Higashi Honganji Temple, and Sanjusangendo Temple. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Todaiji Temple, 22.7 mi/36.6 km from the city center, and Osaka Castle, which is 26.3 mi (42.3 km) away.
Getting Around Kyoto
With so many transportation options, seeing Kyoto is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Kyoto Shiyakusho-mae Station, Shiyakusho-mae Station, and Sanjo Keihan Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kyoto Sanjo Station, Kyoto Jingu-marutamachi Station, or Kyoto Kawaramachi Station.
Dressing for Kyoto
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 45.47 inches of rain falls on Kyoto each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F