Visitors give high marks for the riverfront in Kuching, which is also known for its festivals and seafood restaurants. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its rainforests.
- There are 122 hotels and other accommodations in Kuching
- The closest major airport is in Kuching (KCH-Kuching Intl.), 9.8 mi (15.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kuching
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Sarawak Timber Museum, Cat Museum, and Chinese History Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Masjid Jamek, Fort Margherita, and Tua Pek Kong. The city's riverfront and rainforest provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Damai Beach.
In Kuching, you'll be able to select from 122 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Imperial Suites Serviced Apartment - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia travelers love its pool and helpful staff.
- Cove 55 - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this guesthouse. This 5-star guesthouse features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Pine Garden Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a business center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Kuching
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 72°F as the nighttime average
- About 5.63 inches of rain falls on Kuching each year
- August and June are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while February and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F