Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 2020/9/23
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors give high marks for the temples in Nara, which is also known for its gardens and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its musical theater. Top sights in the city include Todaiji Temple, Kasuga Shrine, and Nara Park.
- There are 124 hotels and other accommodations in Nara
- The closest major airport is in Osaka (ITM-Itami), 27.3 mi (43.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kobe (UKB), 38.1 mi (61.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nara
Its temples and monuments are notable and landmarks include Todaiji Temple, Kasuga Shrine, and Kofuku-ji Shrine. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Nara Park, Kasugayama Hill Primeval Forest, and Mount Wakakusa. Other notable sights to explore include Nara National Museum and Toshodai-ji Temple.
In Nara, you'll find 124 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Noborioji Hotel Nara - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and walkable location.
- NARA Guesthouse KAMUNABI - Hostel - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this hostel. This 2-star hostel features free WiFi, a café, and a terrace.
- HARUYA Naramachi - Amenities in this 1-star hostel room include free WiFi.
Other top sights in Nara include Yakushi-ji Temple and Horyu-ji Temple. Popular places to see in the area include Osaka Castle, located 21.3 mi (34.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Osaka Science Museum, which is 23.2 mi (37.4 km) away.
Getting Around Nara
With so many ways to get around, exploring Nara is a breeze. Metro stations nearby include Yanagimoto Station and Unebi Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Takanohara station, Shinomiya station, or Nara Station.
Dressing for Nara
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Nara is 45.47 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F