Amsterdam Hotel from NT$1,167/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Amsterdam
Amsterdam City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(2,270 area reviews)
Madame Tussauds and Dam Square are a few top attractions in Amsterdam City Centre. Hop around the city on the metro at Nieuwmarkt Station or Waterlooplein Station and check out the area's fascinating museums, charming cafés, and popular shops.
Red Light District
For at least 600 years, locals, sailors and travelers have come to this part of Amsterdam for adult entertainment in the many bars, brothels and eateries.
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,225 area reviews)
Known for its fascinating museums and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Museum Quarter. Check out top attractions like Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum, and jump on the metro at Van Baerlestraat Stop or Museumplein Stop to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,372 area reviews)
Visit these semi-circular canals built in the 17th century to see why Amsterdam got the nickname “The Venice of the North.”
Jordaan is well-liked for its breweries and churches. If you're hoping to get in some sightseeing, The 9 Streets and Electric Ladyland are top spots, and you can jump on the metro at Bloemgracht Stop or Marnixplein Stop to get around.
Travelers to Amsterdam give high marks for the fascinating museums, interesting architecture, and popular theater scene. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its monuments, art, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Nes, Dam Square, and Royal Palace.
- There are 1030 hotels and other accommodations in Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 35.2 mi (56.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amsterdam
Known for its museums, theaters, and art, the city's cultural venues include Amsterdam Museum, Anne Frank House, and Stopera. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Nes, Dam Square, and New Church. The picturesque setting of Hortus Botanicus and Artis exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Amsterdam, you'll be able to select from 1030 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Stout & Co. - This 3-star bed & breakfast in Amsterdam Centrum features free WiFi, a bar, and a rooftop terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Breitner House - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to public transit at this guesthouse. Guests who stay at this 5-star guesthouse in Amsterdam Oost can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Amsterdam Canal Guest Apartment - Located in Canal Ring, this 3-star apartment features a kitchenette and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its clean rooms and location.
Other favorite sights in Amsterdam include Royal Palace, The Old Church, and Begijnhof. One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Wet 'n Wild, 18.7 mi/30.2 km from the city center.
Getting Around Amsterdam
With so many transportation options, seeing Amsterdam is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations like Nieuwmarkt Station, Amsterdam Central Metro Station, and Waterlooplein Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Amsterdam Central Station, Amsterdam Muiderpoort Station, or Amsterdam Amstel Station.
Dressing for Amsterdam
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 69°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 34°F at night
- About 76.57 inches of rain falls on Amsterdam each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 34°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Amsterdam?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Amsterdam, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Amsterdam?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Amsterdam?
What's the best place to stay in Amsterdam City Centre?
What's a favorite place to stay in Canal Ring?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation in Amsterdam?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Amsterdam?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Amsterdam?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Amsterdam?
What's the best hotel to stay near Dam Square?
Recent reviews of Amsterdam hotels
More trip options
- Amsterdam Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Amsterdam Airports
- Hotels in Amsterdam Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Amsterdam Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Amsterdam
- More Hotel Options in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in North Holland
- Other Hotels near Amsterdam, North Holland
- Hotels in Popular Destinations