Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 2021/1/18
Where to stay in Sydney
Travelers to Sydney give high marks for the bustling port, renowned opera house, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, restaurants, and art. Top sights in the city include Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Bondi Beach.
- There are 1458 hotels and other accommodations in Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional), 53.5 mi (86.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sydney
Known for its opera, museums, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Theatre Royal, Wentworth Gallery Indigenous Artists, and Hyde Park Barracks Museum. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks such as Sydney Harbour Bridge. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Pitt Street Mall, Strand Arcade, and Chifley Plaza.
In Sydney, you'll be able to select from 1458 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- ADGE Boutique Apartment Hotel - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its overall value and pool.
- Little Albion Guest House - This 4.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Meriton Suites Sydney Airport - This 4-star apartment features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers love its proximity to public transit and first-rate property condition.
Other favorite sights in Sydney include Sydney Opera House, Bondi Beach, and Sydney Showground.
Getting Around Sydney
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Sydney is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Martin Place Station, Wynyard Station, and St. James Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Sydney Circular Quay Station, Exhibition Centre Station, or Sydney Central Station. You can take a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Sydney
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 53°F at night
- About 46.77 inches of rain falls on Sydney each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 47°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Sydney?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sydney, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Sydney?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Sydney?
What's the best place to stay in Sydney Central Business District?
What's a favorite place to stay in Darling Harbour?
What's the best accommodation for a family trip to Sydney?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Sydney?
What's the best hotel to stay with easy access to Circular Quay?
What about the best place to stay near Star Casino?
What's the best accommodation for a beach vacation in Sydney?
Recent reviews of Sydney hotels
More trip options
- Sydney Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Sydney Airports
- Hotels in Sydney Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Sydney Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Sydney
- More Hotel Options in Sydney
- Sydney Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in New South Wales
- Other Hotels near Sydney, New South Wales
- Hotels in Popular Destinations