Search Apartments in Otsu
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Other property types in Otsu
Lake Biwa Otsu Prince Hotel
Reviewed on 2020/9/28
APA HOTEL〈BIWAKO SETA-EKIMAE〉
Reviewed on 2020/2/6
Reviewed on 2019/12/31
Staying in an Apartment in Otsu
There are plenty of places to stay in Otsu with 37 accommodation options. Though there aren't many apartments, we can help you locate similar accommodation. When you search on Expedia, you can filter by amenities such as a kitchen— one of the conveniences often found in an apartment. Even filter by similar properties such as condos, holiday homes or cottages.
Take time to enjoy the lakeside and hot springs in this relaxing area. Take time to visit top sights in the region such as Kyoto Imperial Palace and Kiyomizu Temple.
When is the Best Time to Visit Otsu?
Though weather is just one aspect, it can impact your holiday, especially if you're planning for a longer stay. Since apartments often have more rigid cancellation policies, it might be good to familiarise yourself with these weather averages before booking.
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while February and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 16°C and nighttime temperatures average 1°C
- April-June: 29°C is the daytime average and 7°C is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 33°C and nighttime averages are around 17°C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 25°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average rainfall is 1155 inches in a year
Must See in Otsu
Otsu is known for its lakeside and hot springs. Family-friendly attractions include Biwako Otsukan and Otsu City Science Museum, whereas Ogoto Onsen and Kyu Chikurinin Garden are a couple of great spots to enjoy the outdoors. You’ll find favourite places to visit like Kyoto Imperial Palace and Kiyomizu Temple in the larger area.Otsu is also recognised for its:
- Cultural attractions
- Jogging trails
How to Get to Otsu and Around the Area
Fly into Osaka (ITM-Itami), which is located 33.6 mi (54.1 km) from the city centre. You can also search for flights into Kobe (UKB), which is 49.6 mi (79.9 km) away. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.