Visiting Gold Coast
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gold Coast, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theme park and golf courses. Top sights in the city include Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World, and Dreamworld.
- There are 1021 hotels and other accommodations in Gold Coast
- The closest major airport is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE), 47.5 mi (76.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gold Coast
Families come for attractions such as Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World, and Dreamworld. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Surfers Paradise Beach, Kurrawa Beach, and Pratten Park. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Cavill Avenue, Broadbeach Mall, and Oasis Shopping Centre.
In Gold Coast, you'll find 1021 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Avocado Sunset B&B - Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in North Tamborine can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Greenlee Cottages - Our customers love the breakfast and helpful staff at this cottage. With a stay at this 3.5-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Wallaby Ridge Retreat - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free valet parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Other top sights in Gold Coast include Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast.
Getting Around Gold Coast
With so many ways to get around, seeing Gold Coast is easy. Metro stations nearby include Robina Station and Nerang Train Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Varsity Lakes Station, Helensvale Station, or Gold Coast City Coomera Station.
Dressing for Gold Coast
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 64°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 59°F as the nighttime average
- Gold Coast gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 51°F