Newcastle Hotel from NT$1,814/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2020/6/24
Where to stay in Newcastle
Unique features of Merewether include the beaches and bars. Make a stop by Merewether Ocean Baths or Merewether Beach while you're exploring the area.
Choose from fishing, surfing and bird-watching in this dynamic and peaceful headland suburb with a proud culture and a Tin City.
The beaches and abundant dining options are top of the list for many visitors to Newcastle East. A stop by Newcastle Beach or Nobbys Head Beach might round out your trip.
Cooks Hill is well-liked for its cafés. You can also take some time to explore sights in the surrounding area like Newcastle Beach and Newcastle Civic Theater.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Newcastle, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks.
- There are 165 hotels and other accommodations in Newcastle
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Newcastle
Families come for attractions such as Merewether Ocean Baths, Hunter Region Botanic Gardens, and Oakvale Farm and Fauna World. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Newcastle Beach, King Edward Park, and Newcastle Civic Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Civic Theater and Fort Scratchley.
In Newcastle, you'll be able to select from 165 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Chaucer Palms Boutique Bed & Breakfast - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Brezza Bella Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Newcastle
With so many choices for transportation, seeing all of Newcastle is a breeze. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Civic Station, Newcastle Interchange Station, or Hamilton Station. You can learn about water transportation options at the port.
Dressing for Newcastle
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- About 1.30 inches of rain falls on Newcastle each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 47°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Newcastle?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Newcastle, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Newcastle?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Newcastle?
What's the best accommodation when traveling with kids to Newcastle?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic vacation in Newcastle?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Newcastle?
Where is the best place to stay close to University of Newcastle?
What about the best place to stay close to Nobbys Head Beach?
What's the best accommodation to stay near the beach in Newcastle?
What's the best luxury hotel in Newcastle?
Recent reviews of Newcastle hotels
More trip options
- Newcastle Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Newcastle Airports
- Hotels in Newcastle Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Newcastle Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Newcastle
- More Hotel Options in Newcastle
- Newcastle Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in New South Wales
- Other Hotels near Newcastle, New South Wales
- Hotels in Popular Destinations