Visiting Johor Bahru
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Johor Bahru, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and theme park. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo and temples. Around the area, top sights include Singapore Turf Club, National Orchid Garden, and Chinatown Heritage Center.
- There are 338 hotels and other accommodations in Johor Bahru
- The closest major airport is in Johor Bahru (JHB-Senai Intl.), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Singapore (SIN-Changi), 22.3 mi (35.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Johor Bahru
Families come for attractions such as Austin Heights Water & Adventure Park, Johor Zoo, and Angry Birds Activity Park Johor Bahru. The city is notable for landmarks like Arulmigu Sri Rajakaliamman Glass Temple, The Vicar Church Of Immaculate Conception, and Johor Bahru Old Chinese Temple. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Mydin Shopping Centre, Paradigm Mall Johor Bahru, and Sutera Mall.
In Johor Bahru, you'll find 338 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- KSL D'Esplanade Residence - A Cosy Home - Located in Central District, this 3-star apartment features a kitchenette, free WiFi, and a balcony. Expedia travelers love its pool and room size.
- KSL D'Esplanade Residence - Sweet Dreams @ Johor City Mall - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean rooms at this apartment. This 2.5-star apartment in Central District features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Amari Johor Bahru - This 4.5-star hotel in Central District features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Singapore Turf Club, located 8 mi (12.9 km) from the heart of the city, and National Orchid Garden, which is 16.3 mi (26.3 km) away.
Getting Around Johor Bahru
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from JB Sentral. Johor Bahru might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Johor Bahru
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 73°F at night
- About 2.99 inches of rain falls on Johor Bahru each year
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and June with an average of 73°F