Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Jakarta, which is also known for its monuments and cafés. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its entertainment choices, museums, and live music. Top sights in the city include National Monument, SeaWorld Ancol, and Jakarta Cathedral.
- There are 1724 hotels and other accommodations in Jakarta
- The closest major airport is in Jakarta (HLP-Halim Perdanakusuma Intl.), 6.5 mi (10.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jakarta (CGK-Soekarno-Hatta Intl.), 12.7 mi (20.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jakarta
The city is well known for its museums and live music, and cultural venues include Textile Museum, Adam Malik Museum, and Ismail Marzuki Park. Attractions like SeaWorld Ancol and Taman Mini Indonesia Indah are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like National Monument, Jakarta Cathedral, and Welcome Statue.
In Jakarta, you'll be able to select from 1724 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Pacific Place - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Kebayoran Baru can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- The Hermitage, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Jakarta - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 4 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- AXIA South Cikarang Service Apartment - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Other top sights in Jakarta include Gelora Bung Karno Stadium.
Getting Around Jakarta
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from BNI City Station, Jakarta Sudirman Station, or Jakarta Karet Station. Jakarta may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Jakarta
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 74°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 74°F as the nighttime average
- About 71.26 inches of rain falls on Jakarta each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F