Wellington Hotel from NT$1,700/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 2020/10/28
Reviewed on 2020/10/17
Where to stay in Wellington
4.5/5Wonderful!(150 area reviews)
Travelers to Te Aro praise its popular shops. If you've got some more time to explore, be sure to make a stop by Te Papa (Museum of New Zealand) and Cuba Street Mall.
4.5/5Wonderful!(20 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Oriental Bay, Oriental Parade and Oriental Bay Beach are top sights worth seeing.
4.5/5Wonderful!(10 area reviews)
While visiting Thorndon, you might make a stop by sights like Lambton Quay and Katherine Mansfield Birthplace.
3.5/5Good!(10 area reviews)
If you're spending time in Aro Valley, you might enjoy its restaurants and shopping. If you've got time to venture a little farther, you can make a stop by Zealandia or Cuba Street Mall.
While Karori isn't home to many top sights, Zealandia and Te Papa (Museum of New Zealand) are some notable places to visit nearby.
Travelers to Wellington give high marks for the fascinating museums, beautiful gardens, and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its waterfront, restaurants, and cafés. Top sights in the city include Civic Square, Wellington Cable Car, and Te Papa.
- There are 147 hotels and other accommodations in Wellington
- The closest major airport is in Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Paraparaumu (PPQ), 28.9 mi (46.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wellington
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Te Papa, Museum of Wellington City and Sea, and City Gallery Wellington. Attractions like Wellington Cable Car and Wellington Zoo are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Civic Square, Carter Observatory, and Old Government Buildings.
In Wellington, you'll find 147 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Acorns Wellington Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia travelers love its room size and location.
- Ava Lodge - Our customers love the overall value and spacious, clean rooms at this apartment. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star apartment in Petone can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi.
- Acorns Wellington Apartment - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its convenient parking and central location.
Other favorite sights in Wellington include Cuba Street Mall, Courtenay Place, and Beehive.
Getting Around Wellington
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Wellington is a breeze. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Wellington Station, Wellington Kaiwharawhara Station, or Wellington Crofton Downs Station. You can take a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Wellington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 58°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Wellington is 48.98 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 43°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Wellington?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Wellington, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Wellington?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Wellington?
What's the best place to stay in Petone?
What's a favorite place to stay in Te Aro?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Wellington?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic vacation in Wellington?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Wellington?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to Interislander Ferry Terminal?
What about the best place to stay close to Westpac Stadium?
Recent reviews of Wellington hotels
More trip options
- Wellington Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Wellington Airports
- Hotels in Wellington Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Wellington Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Wellington
- More Hotel Options in Wellington
- Wellington Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Wellington Region
- Other Hotels near Wellington, Wellington Region
- Hotels in Popular Destinations