Visitors to Plymouth are sure to enjoy the university setting, theaters, and lakeside setting. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its mountain views. A top sight in the area is Waterville Valley Resort.
- There are 55 hotels and other accommodations in Plymouth
- The closest major airport is in Laconia, NH (LCI-Laconia Municipal), 18.2 mi (29.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lebanon, NH (LEB-Lebanon Municipal), 32.3 mi (52 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Plymouth
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include The Flying Monkey Movie House and Performance Center, Silver Center for the Arts, and New Hampshire Audubon. The lakeside and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Fox Park, Scribner-Fellows State Forest, and Newfound Lake. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Plymouth State University is worth a campus tour.
In Plymouth, there are 55 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Squam Lake Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- A Newfound Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Ballard House Inn - This 3.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Waterville Valley Resort, located 16.4 mi (26.5 km) from the heart of the city, and New Hampshire International Speedway, which is 29.5 mi (47.4 km) away.
Dressing for Plymouth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 5°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 24°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 38°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 8°F
- Average annual rainfall for Plymouth is 44.29 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 8°F