Visiting Ho Chi Minh City
Travelers to Ho Chi Minh City give high marks for the shopping, abundant cafés, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its museums, local tours, and bars.
- There are 1448 hotels and other accommodations in Ho Chi Minh City
- The closest major airport is in Ho Chi Minh City (SGN-Tan Son Nhat Intl.), 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vung Tau (VTG), 38.5 mi (61.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ho Chi Minh City
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Museum of Ho Chi Minh City, Ton Duc Thang Museum, and Museum of Fine Arts. The city is notable for landmarks like Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica, Independence Palace, and Temple of Mariamman. The city's natural beauty is on display at Saigon River, Riverside, and 30-4 Park.
In Ho Chi Minh City, you'll be able to select from 1448 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Shinhua Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- The Hammock Hotel Ben Thanh - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable beds at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Bui Thi Xuan can enjoy access to free breakfast and concierge services, along with in-room LCD TVs.
- Sherwood Suites - This 4.5-star apartment features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its central location and spacious, clean rooms.
Getting Around Ho Chi Minh City
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Saigon Railway Station. Ho Chi Minh City may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Ho Chi Minh City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 94°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 70°F
- From April to June, the average is 95°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 71°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Ho Chi Minh City is 0 inches
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 94°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 71°F