Visitors to Chiayi are sure to enjoy the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its baseball games.
- There are 109 hotels and other accommodations in Chiayi
- The closest major airport is in Chiayi (CYI), 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tainan (TNN), 39.8 mi (64 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chiayi
Cultural venues in the city include Art Site of Chiayi Railway Warehouse, Chiayi Motive Power Room Wood Sculpture Museum, and Chiayi Municipal Museum. The mountain views, sunrises, and forests highlight the city's natural beauty, and Forest Song, Alishan Forest Railway Garage Park, and Chiayi Cultural and Creative Industries Park are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chiayi Fountain Roundabout and Chiayi Eiffel Tower Replica.
In Chiayi, you'll find 109 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Tea Cloud B&B - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit.
- Hotel Discover - Our customers like the overall value and room size at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in West District features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center.
- Sun Dialogue Hotel by Cosmos Creation - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in East District can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Chiayi
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Chiayi Station, Chiayi Beimen Station, or Chiayi Jiabei Station. Chiayi might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Chiayi
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 54°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 62°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 54°F
- Chiayi gets about 1.85 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 54°F