Cartago Hotel from NT$857/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 2020/2/27
Reviewed on 2020/1/21
Visitors to Cartago are sure to enjoy the coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, volcano viewpoints, and museums. Top sights around the area include Parque Nacional, National Museum of Costa Rica, and Jade Museum.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Cartago
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 16.2 mi (26 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 21.4 mi (34.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cartago
The city's natural beauty is on display at Lankester Botanical Garden, Irazu Volcano National Park, and Turrialba Volcano National Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Our Lady of the Angels Basilica and Terramall.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Cartago. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Quelitales - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- La Casona del Cafetal - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Rinconcito Verde - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Parque Nacional, located 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the city center, and National Museum of Costa Rica, which is 11.3 mi/18.2 km away.
Dressing for Cartago
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- Cartago gets about 72.76 inches of rain per year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 62°F