Auckland Hotel from NT$1,981/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2020/10/16
Where to stay in Auckland
Auckland Central Business District
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,043 area reviews)
Explore Auckland’s inner-city hub to find historic architecture alongside contemporary designs, the revitalised Auckland Waterfront and a busy shopping precinct.
4.5/5Wonderful!(36 area reviews)
Parnell is popular for its abundant dining options, and if you're looking for more to see and do, you might think about a trip to Auckland War Memorial Museum or Auckland Domain.
4.5/5Wonderful!(7 area reviews)
Unique features of Mount Eden include the bars and shopping. Make a stop by Eden Park or Mt. Eden while you're exploring the area.
You'll enjoy the restaurants and monuments in Mount Albert. You might want to make time for a stop at Westfield St. Luke's Shopping Centre or St Mary's Cathedral.
If you're spending some time in Western Springs, Auckland Zoo and Western Springs Stadium are top sights worth seeing.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Auckland, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its museums, local tours, and cafés. Top sights in the city include Sky Tower, Mt. Eden, and Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World.
- There are 757 hotels and other accommodations in Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Auckland
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Auckland War Memorial Museum, Auckland Art Gallery, and Oedipus Rex Gallery. Families come for attractions such as Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, Auckland Zoo, and Gulfwind Sailing Academy. Notable city landmarks like Sky Tower and Harbour Bridge might be worth a visit.
In Auckland, there are 757 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ascot Parnell Boutique Bed and Breakfast - This 5-star bed & breakfast in Parnell features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Enclosure Bay - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this B&B. With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Tahi Lodge - Matakana Coast - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and comfortable beds.
Other favorite sights in Auckland include Mt. Eden, Omaha Beach, and Queen Street Shopping District.
Getting Around Auckland
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Auckland is easy. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Auckland Britomart Station, Auckland Grafton Station, or Auckland Mt Eden Station. You can learn about your options for water transportation at the port.
Dressing for Auckland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Average annual rainfall for Auckland is 49.25 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 46°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Auckland?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Auckland, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Auckland?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Auckland?
What's the best place to stay in Auckland Central Business District?
What's a favorite place to stay in Parnell?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation in Auckland?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Auckland?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Auckland?
What's the best hotel to stay near Spark Arena?
What about the best place to stay near Western Springs Stadium?
Recent reviews of Auckland hotels
More trip options
- Auckland Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Auckland Airports
- Hotels in Auckland Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Auckland Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Auckland
- More Hotel Options in Auckland
- Auckland Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Auckland Region
- Other Hotels near Auckland, Auckland Region
- Hotels in Popular Destinations