Old Saybrook Hotel from NT$1,454/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2020/8/28
Visiting Old Saybrook
History buffs will enjoy exploring Old Saybrook, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Scenic and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and spas.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in Old Saybrook
- The closest major airport is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field), 18.3 mi (29.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Old Saybrook
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Harvey's Beach, Plattwood Park, and Meigs Point Nature Center. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Tanger Outlets, Clinton Crossing Premium Outlets, and North Madison Shopping Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center and General William Hart House.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Old Saybrook. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Saybrook Point Inn, Marina and Spa - This 3.5-star hotel features a marina, a full-service spa, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- Captain Stannard Bed and Breakfast Country Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a computer station.
- The Scranton Seahorse Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include East Rock Park, 27.5 mi/44.3 km from the city center, and Yale Bowl, which is 30.4 mi/48.9 km away.
Getting Around Old Saybrook
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Old Saybrook Station. Old Saybrook may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Old Saybrook
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- About 51.10 inches of rain falls on Old Saybrook each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Old Saybrook?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Old Saybrook, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Old Saybrook?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Old Saybrook?
Where is the best hotel for a stay in Saybrook Manor?
What's the best hotel for families in Old Saybrook?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Old Saybrook?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Old Saybrook?
Where is the best place to stay close to Essex Steam Train?
What about the best place to stay close to Hammonasset Beach State Park?
What's the best place to stay near the beach in Old Saybrook?
Recent reviews of Old Saybrook hotels
More trip options
- Old Saybrook Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Old Saybrook Airports
- Hotels in Old Saybrook Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Old Saybrook Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Old Saybrook
- More Hotel Options in Old Saybrook
- Old Saybrook Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Connecticut
- Other Hotels near Old Saybrook, Connecticut
- Hotels in Popular Destinations