Old Saybrook Hotel from NT$1,433/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 2020/8/11
Visiting Old Saybrook
History buffs will enjoy exploring Old Saybrook, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Scenic and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and spas.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in Old Saybrook
- The closest major airport is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field), 18.3 mi (29.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Old Saybrook
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Harvey's Beach, Plattwood Park, and Meigs Point Nature Center. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Tanger Outlets, Clinton Crossing Premium Outlets, and North Madison Shopping Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center and General William Hart House.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Old Saybrook. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Saybrook Point Inn, Marina and Spa - This 3.5-star hotel features a marina, a full-service spa, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- Captain Stannard Bed and Breakfast Country Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a computer station.
- The Scranton Seahorse Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include East Rock Park, 27.5 mi/44.3 km from the city center, and Yale Bowl, which is 30.4 mi/48.9 km away.
Getting Around Old Saybrook
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Old Saybrook Station. Old Saybrook may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Old Saybrook
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- About 51.10 inches of rain falls on Old Saybrook each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°F