Visitors to Mackay are sure to enjoy the waterfront and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park and local tours.
- There are 67 hotels and other accommodations in Mackay
- The closest major airport is in Mackay, QLD (MKY), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mackay
Cultural venues in the city include Artspace Mackay, Mackay Enertainment and Convention Centre, and Greenmount Homestead. Attractions like Queens Park Orchid House, Bluewater Lagoon, and Mackay Regional Botanic Gardens are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Jubilee Park and Harrup Park.
In Mackay, you'll find 67 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Econo Lodge Beachside - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a free airport shuttle, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Mackay Oceanside Central Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this motel. With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Riviera Mackay - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a rooftop terrace, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its beach locale and WiFi.
Getting Around Mackay
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Mackay is easy. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Mackay Station, Sarina Station, or Geeberga Station. You can explore your water travel options at the marina.
Dressing for Mackay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 86°F and the nighttime average to be 70°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 64°F at night
- About 64.84 inches of rain falls on Mackay each year
- Hottest months are usually December and January with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 56°F