Travelers to Laconia give high marks for the lakeside setting, live music scene, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its mountain views, entertainment choices, and ski areas. A top sight in the area is New Hampshire International Speedway.
- There are 122 hotels and other accommodations in Laconia
- The closest major airport is in Laconia, NH (LCI-Laconia Municipal), 3.9 mi (6.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Concord, NH (CON-Concord Municipal), 22.3 mi (35.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Laconia
The city is well known for its live music and festivals, and cultural venues include Belknap Mill Society Museum, Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion at Meadowbrook, and Winnipesaukee Playhouse. The lakeside, mountain views, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Opechee Park Cove Beach and Opechee Point Beach, Ahern State Park, and Endicott Rock Park are worth a visit. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Tanger Outlets Tilton is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Laconia, there are 122 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Lake Opechee Inn and Spa - This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Grand View Motel & Cottages - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Suites Tilton - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its overall condition and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights outside the city is New Hampshire International Speedway, located 11.4 mi (18.3 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Laconia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 10°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 14°F
- Average annual rainfall for Laconia is 44.13 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 13°F