Canberra Hotel from NT$1,703/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Canberra
Canberra City Centre
4/5Very Good!(56 area reviews)
The ample dining options and fantastic lake views are top of the list for many visitors to Canberra City Centre. A stop by Canberra Centre or Canberra Museum and Gallery might round out your trip.
The buildings of this foreshore, once a Canberra industrial hub, have been transformed into a welcoming urban lakeside community.
Travelers come to Barton for its abundant dining options, and you can see top attractions like Lake Burley Griffin and East Basin while you're in town.
Griffith is known for its ample dining options, and you can make a stop by Manuka Oval and Manuka Shopping Centre while in the area.
South-west of Capital Hill, find wide leafy streets with embassies, cosy cafés and natural reserves. Also learn how Australian dollar coins are made.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Canberra, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, lakeside setting, and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, art, and local tours. Top sights in the city include EPIC, National Museum of Australia, and Australian National Botanic Gardens.
- There are 150 hotels and other accommodations in Canberra
- The closest major airport is in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Canberra
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include National Museum of Australia, National Gallery of Australia, and Canberra Museum and Gallery. Families come for attractions such as National Zoo and Aquarium, Canberra and Region Visitors Centre, and CSIRO Discovery Centre. The city is notable for landmarks like Australian War Memorial, Old Parliament House, and Telstra Tower.
In Canberra, you'll be able to select from 150 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Pommy Tree - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Jamala Wildlife Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- One of a Kind Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a library, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Canberra include EPIC, Australian National Botanic Gardens, and Parliament House.
Getting Around Canberra
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Kingston Canberra Station or Queanbeyan Railway Station. Canberra may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Canberra
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 34°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- Canberra gets about 22.80 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Canberra?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Canberra, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Canberra?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Canberra?
What's the best accommodation in Capital Hill?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation in Canberra?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation to Canberra?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Canberra?
What's the best place to stay close to Manuka Oval?
What about the best place to stay near Australian National University?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Canberra?
Recent reviews of Canberra hotels
More trip options
- Canberra Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Canberra Airports
- Hotels in Canberra Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Canberra Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Canberra
- More Hotel Options in Canberra
- Canberra Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Australian Capital Territory
- Other Hotels near Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
- Hotels in Popular Destinations