Tainan Hotel from NT$501/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2020/8/18
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Tainan
Tainan City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(154 area reviews)
You'll enjoy the hot springs and monuments in Tainan City Centre. You might want to make time for a stop at Chihkan Tower or Tainan Flower Night Market.
3.5/5Good!(5 area reviews)
You'll enjoy the museums and monuments in Anping. You might want to make time for a stop at Anping Old Fort or Eternal Golden Castle.
West Central District
West Central District is noteworthy for its coffeehouses, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Chihkan Tower and Shennong Street.
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Tainan, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hot springs, musical theater, and baseball games. Top sights in the city include Chihkan Tower and Confucius Temple.
- There are 457 hotels and other accommodations in Tainan
- The closest major airport is in Tainan (TNN), 19.2 mi (30.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chiayi (CYI), 20 mi (32.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tainan
The city is notable for landmarks like Chihkan Tower, Confucius Temple, and Former Tainan Waterways. The city's natural beauty is on display at Wusanto Reservoir, Hatta Yoichi Memorial Park, and Orchid Botanical Garden. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tainan Astronomical Education Park and Wushantou Dam.
In Tainan, you'll find 457 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- CaoJi Book inn Hostel - This 2-star hostel in Tainan City Centre features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a rooftop terrace.
- Aphappy Home - Our customers like the room size at this guesthouse. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse in Tainan City Centre can enjoy access to self-service laundry and free WiFi.
- Tainan Initially Life - This 3-star guesthouse in Annan District features free WiFi, concierge services, and laundry facilities.
Getting Around Tainan
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Tainan Balin Station, Tainan Longtian Station, or Tainan Shanhua Station. Tainan might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Tainan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 62°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 63°F at night
- About 1.93 inches of rain falls on Tainan each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 63°F