Visitors can enjoy all that Suncheon has to offer including the temples, black-sand beaches, and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's water parks and aquarium.
- There are 195 hotels and other accommodations in Suncheon
- The closest major airport is in Yeosu (RSU), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jinju (HIN-Sacheon), 34.3 mi (55.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Suncheon
Attractions like Suncheon Open Film Set and Aqua Planet Yeosu are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Suncheon Japanese Castle, Naganeupseong Folk Village, and Seonamsa Temple. The picturesque setting of Manseongni Black Sand Beach and Bangjukpo Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Suncheon, there are 195 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ara & Maru Hostel - With a stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Shine Hotel - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Chorye can enjoy access to free valet parking and a café, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Pinehills Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
Getting Around Suncheon
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Suncheon Station, Gwangyang Station, or Seomyeon Gaeun Station. Suncheon might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Suncheon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Suncheon gets about 1.06 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 32°F