This is our first ever terrible review for any hotel on any platforms.
1. Poor communication: We messaged and called the hotel requesting a quiet room and double checking the pet fee. Message was read but never replied. Phone call was not picked up.
2. Very Noisy: At check in we were told the quiet side facing parking lot are out so we are given a room on the Main Street. Reception told us it is not noisy at all yet we slept right next to numerous buses and cars that ran all day and night long.
3. Very bad Hygiene: The room has an horrible smell of extremely strong cheap perfume which we never experienced even in any developing country. The smell is thick as soup therefore gave us headaches and woke us up at night (yes we learnt it is possible to be woken up by odours). We tried airing the room but the window can only open for 10cm) and running high speed fan for 3 days did nothing. We also wiped the entire floor and furniture surface with wet towel and alcohol wipes and only learnt they are very dirty. When we checked out on the 3rd day, the room smelled just as bad. From the staff "wait long enough it will go away".
4. Pet fee trap: At check in we were charged $50 “non refundable” deposit $10 per day daily fee for our small dog. Expedia admit there is clear discrepancy but only gave me USD24 coupon as “goodwill gesture”.
5. Wifi fee trap: as others mentioned, only 1 device, not 2.
6. Remember to ask for print receipt for overcharges coz they will lie about sending it.