Travelers to Samana give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and tucked away setting.
- There are 292 hotels and other accommodations in Samana
- The closest major airport is in Samana (AZS-El Catey Intl.), 26.1 mi (42 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Samana
The city's cultural venues include Whale Museum of Samana and Haitian Caraibes Art Gallery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Samana Bay, Cayo Levantado, and Playa Las Flechas. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Samana Zipline and Marine Life Experience Cayo Levantado.
In Samana, there are 292 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Castillo Romano - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Residencia El Balata - Our customers love the beach locale and helpful staff at this vacation rental. This 3-star residence features free WiFi, free parking, and 24-hour room service.
- Luxury Bahia Principe Samana - All Inclusive Adults Only - This 3.5-star resort features a full-service spa, a private beach, and 5 restaurants. Expedia customers like its beach locale and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Samana
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 66°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Samana is 55.83 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 66°F