Visitors can enjoy all that Koriyama has to offer including the parks, festivals, and theme park. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas and spas.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Koriyama
- The closest major airport is in Fukushima (FKS), 12.1 mi (19.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Koriyama
Cultural venues in the city include Koriyama City Fureai Science Museum, Koriyama City Museum of Art, and Oyama Chusaku Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Takayashiki Inari Shrine, Miharu Takizakura, and Miharumachi Culture Tradition Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Motomachi Ryokuchi Park, Hagaike Park, and Jodomatsu Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Koriyama. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Daiwaroynet Hotel Koriyama Ekimae - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Dormy Inn Express Koriyama Natural Hot Spring - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and 2 spa tubs, along with free WiFi.
- Koriyama View Hotel Annex - This 3.5-star hotel features 5 restaurants, free WiFi, and 2 bars. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Getting Around Koriyama
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Koriyama is a breeze. Make your way to Sugita Station to catch metro. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Koriyama Station or Nihonmatsu Station.
Dressing for Koriyama
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- About 47.44 inches of rain falls on Koriyama each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 27°F