Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Brisbane, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and riverfront. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its parks. Top sights in the city include The Gabba, Queen Street Mall, and Roma Street Parkland.
- There are 586 hotels and other accommodations in Brisbane
- The closest major airport is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE), 5.1 mi (8.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta), 54.9 mi (88.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Brisbane
Families come for attractions such as Portside Wharf, Doomben Racecourse, and Eagle Farm Racecourse. The riverfront and parks highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Roma Street Parkland, Colmslie Beach Reserve, and New Farm Park. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Queen Street Mall, Eat Street Northshore, and Eat Street Markets.
In Brisbane, you'll be able to select from 586 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Reid's Place - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean rooms.
- Heal House - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Chapel Woods Bed and Breakfast - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Other favorite sights in Brisbane include The Gabba, Suncorp Stadium, and Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium. A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Dreamworld, located 30.8 mi (49.6 km) from the center of the city.
Getting Around Brisbane
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Brisbane is simple. Head over to Grandchester Station for metro transit. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Brisbane Murarrie Station, Brisbane Cannon Hill Station, or Brisbane Hemmant Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the local marina.
Dressing for Brisbane
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 63°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 57°F as the nighttime average
- About 44.49 inches of rain falls on Brisbane each year
- December and February are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F