Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 2021/2/14
Reviewed on 2020/3/14
Reviewed on 2021/2/7
Where to stay in Bangkok
4/5Very Good!(1,519 area reviews)
Street markets and sparkling malls, parks, nightlife districts and museums await at this bustling boulevard, which is one of Thailand’s longest roads.
Bangkok City Centre
3.5/5Good!(59 area reviews)
Known for its stunning river views and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Bangkok City Centre. Check out top attractions like MBK Center and Jim Thompson House, and jump on the metro at Hua Lamphong Station or National Stadium BTS Station to see more of the city.
4/5Very Good!(136 area reviews)
Known for its fantastic nightlife and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Silom. Check out top attractions like Patpong Night Market and Lumphini Park, and jump on the metro at Chong Nonsi BTS Station or Sam Yan Station to see more of the city.
3.5/5Good!(35 area reviews)
Discover Ramkhamhaeng, memorable for its coffeehouses. Popular attractions in Ramkhamhaeng include The Mall Bangkapi and Rajamangala Stadium, and you can see more of the area by hopping on the metro at Ramkhamhaeng Station.
4/5Very Good!(276 area reviews)
Known for its fantastic nightlife and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Sathorn. Check out top attractions like Bangkok Riverside and Central Rama 3 Mall, and jump on the metro at Technic Krungthep Station or Akhan Songkho Station to see more of the city.
Travelers to Bangkok give high marks for the temples, shopping, and important monuments. Vibrant and culturally-rich, this city will delight tourists with its restaurants, museums, and bars. Top sights in the city include Odeon Circle, Temple of the Emerald Buddha, and Wat Pho.
- There are 2848 hotels and other accommodations in Bangkok
- The closest major airport is in Bangkok (DMK-Don Mueang Intl.), 12.7 mi (20.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bangkok (BKK-Suvarnabhumi Intl.), 14.9 mi (24.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bangkok
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Jim Thompson House, Suan Pakkard Palace, and Vimanmek Palace. Its temples and monuments are notable and landmarks include Odeon Circle, Temple of the Emerald Buddha, and Wat Pho. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Siam Paragon Mall, Siam Center, and Pratunam Market.
In Bangkok, you'll be able to select from 2848 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Old Capital Bike Inn - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Bangkok City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and WiFi.
- SAB House – Caters to Women - This 2-star guesthouse in Bangkok City Centre features free WiFi, a terrace, and laundry facilities.
- Cubic Bangkok Hostel - This 2-star hostel in Bangkok City Centre features free WiFi, a café, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable beds.
Other favorite sights in Bangkok include Grand Palace, Wat Arun, and MBK Center. One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Samphran Elephant Ground and Zoo, 18.9 mi/30.4 km from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Bangkok
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Bangkok is simple. Nearby metro stations include Siam BTS Station, Rachathewi BTS Station, and National Stadium BTS Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Bangkok Makkasan Station, Yommarat, or Bangkok Hua Lamphong Station.
Dressing for Bangkok
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 94°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 68°F
- From April to June, the average is 95°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 68°F as the nighttime average
- About 54.61 inches of rain falls on Bangkok each year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 94°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 69°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Bangkok?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Bangkok, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Bangkok?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Bangkok?
What are some hotels with pools in Bangkok?
What is the best spa hotel in Bangkok?
What's the best hotel for staying near Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)?
What's the best neigborhood in Bangkok for nightlife?
How is it to stay in Bangkok?
What should I see while I'm in Bangkok?
How should I get around Bangkok?
What's the weather like in Bangkok?
Recent reviews of Bangkok hotels
More trip options
- Bangkok Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Bangkok Airports
- Hotels in Bangkok Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Bangkok Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Bangkok
- More Hotel Options in Bangkok
- Bangkok Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Thailand
- Other Hotels near Bangkok, Thailand
- Hotels in Popular Destinations