Families will find kid-friendly activities in Taichung, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights in the city include Paochueh Temple, Taichung Park, and National Museum of Natural Science.
- There are 444 hotels and other accommodations in Taichung
- The closest major airport is in Taichung (RMQ), 14.1 mi (22.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hualien (HUN), 52 mi (83.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Taichung
Families come for attractions such as Lihpao Land, Painted Animation Lane, and Rainbow Village. The city is notable for landmarks like Paochueh Temple, Taichung Broadcasting Bureau, and Stock 20. The city's natural beauty is on display at Taichung Park, Fengle Sculpture Park, and Sea of Flowers in Shinshe.
In Taichung, you'll find 444 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Garden Life Homestay - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast in Xinshe can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size.
- Old School - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in East District can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hung's Mansion - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Xitun District can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with a private spa tub. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and room size.
Other top sights in Taichung include National Museum of Natural Science.
Getting Around Taichung
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Taichung Fengyuan Station, Taichung Houli Station, or Taichung Tanzi Station. Taichung might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Taichung
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 54°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 62°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 54°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Taichung is 1.85 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 54°F