Pros: Fantastic location, nice amenities, very clean, fast response to questions online
Cons: No Front Desk Attendant, no luggage forwarding, clothes washer but no clothes dryer, customer service phone number is NOT in Japan
Only three blocks from subway station and the heart of tourist Kyoto food and shopping (a miracle mile of shops, food stalls and department stores). The Kawaramachi subway station makes access easy via trains (or just tell your taxi driver to take you to Kawaramachi station). The building is clean and stylish. The rooms are clean, though spare. Nice bathroom and shower, though.
* There is no front desk attendant (but there is an unattended desk with signs and laminated manuals).
* Your luggage cannot be forwarded here from your previous hotel. When in Japan, it's super convenient to forward your luggage from hotel to hotel using a service called KuroNeko so you don't have to lug it up and down stairs in train stations. That won't work here.
* There is an added fee for having your room serviced daily.
* The customer service phone number is literally in China (86 country code).
* There are room supplies like extra towels behind curtains in the hallway.
* You must empty your own trash to the dumpster outside the building.
Most of the previous is from the PDF sent to you after you rent the room, just before your stay, though some are from signs in the hallway (entire floor must be rented rooms by the same company).