Frequently asked questions
For more information about updating your flight to Puerto Aventuras or cancelling it, head over to our Customer Service Portal.
Many airlines offer the option to reschedule your flight without a change fee. All you pay is the difference between the original flight and the new flight you select. When you’re searching for flights to Puerto Aventuras, you’ll see a “no change fees” filter for you to select.
To get the latest facts about flying to Puerto Aventuras, visit the Covid-19 Travel Advisor. Here, you’ll learn about any current travel restrictions and if you’ll be required to quarantine after you arrive.
Cancun Intl. Airport (CUN) is the most popular airport in Puerto Aventuras. There are several airports in the region, so make sure you choose the correct one when booking.
There are two main airports that connect travelers with Puerto Aventuras. CUN is around 72 kilometers(70 km) from downtown, while Cozumel Intl. Airport is approximately 31 kilometers(30 km) away. After you check out prices and figure out where you’re staying, you’ll have more of an idea of which one you should fly into.
There are 40 air carriers that fly into Puerto Aventuras from 87 airports around the world.
Typically, travelers opt to fly with Aeromexico, Volaris and VivaAerobus when heading off to Puerto Aventuras. The majority of these flights arrive from Mexico City, with Aeromexico operating this route the most.
With around 1729 direct flights running every week, you’ll be landing in Puerto Aventuras before you have time to say, “Are we there yet?”
Flights to Puerto Aventuras departing from Mexico City, Nuevo Leon and Dallas airports are highly sought after.
Where you depart from determines how long you’ll be strapped into your seat. From Mexico City to Puerto Aventuras, the average flight time is 2 hours and 16 minutes. From Nuevo Leon it takes about 2 hours and 28 minutes, and from Dallas it’s 2 hours and 45 minutes.
We all know those jet-setters who manage to pick up incredibly cheap fares every time they fly. Eager to know how to do it for your Puerto Aventuras vacation? Don’t wait until the last moment to secure your flight.Another good way to land the most competitive fare is to compare all options. If your destination has a few airports, look into the cost of flying into a smaller terminal.Last but not least, another simple way to save some money is be ready to book at a moment’s notice. If you find an amazing bargain, don’t think twice — snap it up while you’ve got the chance.
We’ve pulled together all the info you need to make your flight a pleasant experience. Follow our tips and you’ll be hightailing it through airport security and having a blast in Puerto Aventuras in next to no time.What to pack in your hand luggage:
- First things first, pack your passport, travel documents, cash and vital medications. Next, you’ll need some entertainment to while away the time. A thrilling book and a laptop crammed with your favorite shows are some great options. If you plan to catch more than just forty winks, a quality neck pillow and some noise-canceling headphones will also come in handy. Finally, find room for a few toiletry items so you’ll hop off the plane looking fresh and ready to go.
- Pack all your full-sized bottles of shampoo and hairspray in your checked luggage. Any gels or liquids in your carry-on bag larger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) will be confiscated by security. Sharp or pointed objects, like your beloved pocket knife, and dangerous goods which are explosive or flammable, such as aerosol cans, spray paint and gasoline, are also prohibited.
- Comfort should always be your number one priority when selecting what to wear during your flight. Consider your choice of footwear carefully too, as swollen ankles and feet are a common side effect of flying. Slightly roomy, flat shoes are always a smart option.
- You’ve probably heard about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), a blood clotting condition caused by long periods of inactivity. There’s lots you can do to minimize your risk. Don a pair of compression tights or socks, drink lots of water often and get your legs and feet moving. Wander around the cabin or perform exercises in your seat.
A little pre-planning before you arrive at the airport can make your trip to Puerto Aventuras a breeze. We’ve rounded up some handy tips for a swift journey past security:
- Be sure to keep your boarding pass and passport within easy reach. They’re the first items you’ll be asked to present to security.
- Next up, both you and your carry-on bag will be X-rayed. To make the process quick and painless, remove anything that might trigger the alarms. Personal belongings like your jacket, belt and headphones need to go through the machine.
- For just a few moments, you’ll need to unplug from technology. Your tablet, phone and any other electronic gadgets will also need to be sent through the scanner.
- Remove gels and liquids from your carry-on luggage. They usually need to be sent through the X-ray machine separately. Each product should be no larger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) and everything must fit inside a single quart-size (one liter), clear zip-close bag.
- It’s also likely that you’ll be asked to take your shoes off for scanning, so wearing slip-on sneakers is always a wise idea.
- Take all prohibited items out of your carry-on bag. If you have any sharp objects like a pocket knife or tools, put them in your checked baggage. They won’t be allowed on board.
Social distancing is just the start of new travel strategies to help combat COVID-19. From the check-in desk to arrival, these carriers will whisk you away to Puerto Aventuras with comfort and confidence:
- Volaris - this airline is known for conducting passenger temperature checks and providing passenger masks.
- VivaAerobus - this airline is known for providing passenger masks and cleaning with disinfectant.
- American Airlines - this airline is known for providing passenger masks and cleaning with disinfectant.