Budapest Hotel from NT$1,159/Night
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2020/8/25
Reviewed on 2020/4/7
Where to stay in Budapest
Inner City Budapest
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,149 area reviews)
Inner City Budapest is highly notable for its popular shops, and you might want to visit top sights like St. Stephen's Basilica and Szechenyi Chain Bridge. See more of Budapest City Centre by jumping on the metro at Vorosmarty Square Station or Bajcsy-Zsilinszky Street Station.
4.5/5Wonderful!(156 area reviews)
Travelers love Castle Hill for its stunning river views, and you can see more of Budapest City Centre by jumping on the metro at Batthyany Place Station or Szell Kalman Square Station. You might spend time checking out top sights like Fisherman's Bastion and Buda Castle.
Belváros - Lipótváros
Known for its fantastic nightlife and stunning river views, there's plenty to explore in Belváros - Lipótváros. Check out top attractions like St. Stephen's Basilica and Szechenyi Chain Bridge, and jump on the metro at Vorosmarty Square Station or Kossuth Lajos ter Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(266 area reviews)
Spend some time visiting places like Hungarian State Opera House while getting to know Terezvaros, and be sure to check out the abundant dining options. You can hop aboard the metro at Vorosmarty Street Station or Kodaly Circus Station to see more of the area.
4.5/5Wonderful!(240 area reviews)
Arena Plaza Shopping Mall and Corvin Plaza are top sights in Jozsefvaros, and you should be sure to explore the popular shops. Hop aboard the metro at Nepszinhaz utca Station or Klinikak Station to see more sights in the area.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Budapest, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, cathedral, and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its monuments, shopping, and cafés. Top sights in the city include Hungarian National Museum, Rudas Baths, and St. Stephen's Basilica.
- There are 1218 hotels and other accommodations in Budapest
- The closest major airport is in Budapest (BUD-Ferenc Liszt Intl.), 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Budapest
The city is well known for its museums and theaters, and cultural venues include Hungarian National Museum, Hungarian State Opera House, and Magma Gallery. Notable for its monuments, cathedral, and historic sites, the city's landmarks include Rudas Baths, St. Stephen's Basilica, and Liberty Statue. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Arena Plaza Shopping Mall, Vaci Street, and Great Market Hall.
In Budapest, there are 1218 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Aria Hotel Budapest by Library Hotel Collection - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Belváros - Lipótváros can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, quiet rooms.
- Maison Bistro & Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Castle Hill can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a free stocked minibar.
- Karoly Corner Residences - Guests who stay at this 3-star apartment in Inner City Budapest can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its central location and spacious, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Budapest include Szechenyi Chain Bridge, Gellert Thermal Baths and Swimming Pool, and Buda Castle.
Getting Around Budapest
With so many transportation options, seeing Budapest is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transit at Ferenciek Square Station, Astoria Station, and Deak Ferenc ter Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Budapest Boraros Square Station, Budapest-Nyugati Station, or Eastern Railway Station.
Dressing for Budapest
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 28°F at night
- About 24.29 inches of rain falls on Budapest each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Budapest?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Budapest, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Budapest?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Budapest?
Where is the best place to stay in Inner City Budapest?
What's a favorite place to stay in Jozsefvaros?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation to Budapest?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Budapest?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly hotel in Budapest?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Budapest?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Hungaroring?
Recent reviews of Budapest hotels
More trip options
- Budapest Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Budapest Airports
- Hotels in Budapest Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Budapest Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Budapest
- More Hotel Options in Budapest
- Budapest Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Pest County
- Other Hotels near Budapest, Pest County
- Hotels in Popular Destinations