The staff is amazing! Always cheerful and ready to help! Ubud is also an amazing neighbourhood, a must-see in Bali!
However, the staff does not entirely compensate for the overall experience, and here is why:
1. There is no way to get to the hotel by car and you always need to call the hotel to for someone to pick you up by scooter. This is not a problem per se, but there was no indication of it when we booked our nights.
2. We had many issues with electricity, having to call staff 4 or 5 times to ask them to make everything work again.
3. All our showers were with cold water, except by the last one. God knows why.
4. It's not obvious in the pictures, but while there are walls to separate the bathroom from the kitchen/bedroom, the bathroom has no ceiling. Anything you do in there can be heard in the villa. Bring your headphones and companionship!
5. The hotel's website shows beautiful pictures of people walking through rice fields, but in reality the fields around the hotel are all dirty, with abandoned houses and trash all around.
6. There was some sort of animal in the roof trying to get into the villa. It made a lot of noise in the night.